Getting to Know Peoria, AZ
For many decades, Peoria has been a rapidly-growing Arizona hotspot. As one of Phoenix’s largest suburbs, Peoria sits in a prime location with easy access to employment and entertainment opportunities. Public schools are under Peoria Unified School district. The hustle and bustle of Phoenix are nearby, but so is Lake Pleasant Regional Park. The park is a hot spot for boating, fishing, water skiing, kayaking, camping, and scuba diving! Peoria also offers its residents hiking, biking, and horseback-riding trails. It is a prime location for sports, community theaters, festivals, an art museum, and various special events. Additionally, you’ll find ample restaurants, shopping, and entertainment options throughout the bustling city. There is truly something for everyone.
Fun Facts About Peoria, AZ
There are many reasons why someone would wish to relocate to Arizona’s breath-taking city of Peoria. Located a short drive northwest of Phoenix, Peoria provides residents with a high-quality life immersed in the Sonoran Desert’s natural beauty. Here are some fun facts about Peoria:
- Home to the second largest lake in Arizona, Lake Pleasant
- Hosts over 30 neighborhood parks
- Was founded families from Peoria, Illinois who named the new settlement after their hometown
- Maintains over 1,500 miles of roadways
- Has over 26 miles of mountain and multi-use trails
- Is the eighth-largest city in Arizona
- School district is Peoria Unified District
- Is the home for Spring training baseball at Peoria Sports Complex
- P83 Entertaining District has theater, shopping and dining
- Has the Historic Old Town and is home to many historic buildings, symbolic artwork and museums, center for the Performing Arts. Peoria’s Walking art tour will help ensure you can soak up some beautiful artwork in a short amount of time.
- Arizona Broadway theatre presents a wide spectrum of Broadway favorites in an intimate dinner setting. This theater is the only year-round dinner theater in Arizona!
- Peoria is also the home of Quintero Golf Club is top 40 course in the U.S
Contact Phoenix AZ Homes By Ivonne Bellew Today!
Peoria, AZ is a featured community where you can access homes currently for sale, as well as local information. If you or someone you know is looking to relocate to Peoria or has a home within the city that they are looking to sell, Ivonne Bellew, Spanish speaking REALTOR®, can help. For over a decade, her premier real estate services have been a go-to for those seeking to move to or out of the city. If you have any questions regarding Peoria, contact Phoenix AZ Homes By Ivonne Bellew for more information.